LPS Director of Mission Advancement
Job Opening - Apply Here
- Work with and maintain a donor portfolio, nurturing relationships and cultivating them by multiple contacts and personal visits.
- Communicate effectively via phone, text, email, in-person, and through various digital tools.
- Manage and develop all giving campaigns, whether annual or capital in nature.
- Supervise the Mission Advancement Coordinator position.
- Attend meetings and sessions of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS) Ministry of Christian Giving (MCG) as needed.
- Fosters and maintains a cooperative working relationship with LPS staff and support team along with WELS MCG office staff and WELS Christian giving counselors.
- Work and collaborate with LPS Mission Advancement Coordinator and Public Relations Director to promote the mission of LPS in positive, encouraging ways.
- Schedule and implement presentations to groups, conferences, congregations, etc. to raise awareness of LPS.
- Interact on a regular basis with LPS faculty, staff, and students to build relationships and stay apprised of what is happening on campus.
- Learn and effectively use Raiser’s Edge NXT in coordination with WELS MCG and other ministerial education schools.
- Participate in continuing education opportunities in the Mission Advancement field.
- Work to expand donor list and giving opportunities.
- Spend approximately 50% of the time traveling for constituent meetings and program development. Remaining time will be spent on LPS campus.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Reports to the LPS President.
- Highly engaged in the ministry and purpose of LPS.
- Ministry minded - the gospel predominates.
- Relationship builder–a good listener with a humble approach and the ability to effectively communicate and articulate the purpose and needs of LPS.
- Visionary - brings ideas for current and future growth.Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Has good judgment and tact.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Willingness to serve and encourage in a philanthropic approach.
- Ability to pursue ongoing professional development in an effort to grow charitable giving.
Tax wise knowledge combined with planned giving or estate planning skills would be beneficial, but not necessary.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Prior experience in mission advancement, marketing, recruiting, admissions, or education is preferred.
- Strong understanding, knowledge of and support for LPS and the WELS is preferred.
- Previous administrative experience or related work is preferred.
- Background in financial planning and/or mission advancement work is preferred.