List of 6 frequently asked questions.
1. What is the annual "Gala"?
The Gala is an evening of: Christian fellowship, hors d'oeuvres, silent auction, elegant dinner, and live entertainment. Included in the price of an in person admission is a small donation to support the mission of LPS. Our event is held on campus at Luther Prep, on a Saturday in April, from 5:00 pm. - 9:00 pm.
This event is not limited to this physical location. It is an event in which anyone can participate. Along with our in person event, our Silent Auction and Sponsorships have mobile capabilities, meaning anyone from any location can participate with us that evening, while also being able to enjoy a portion of the live program via our Livestream page.
2. What is the MISSION of Mission Advancement?
3. Why a Gala?
4. Who can attend the Gala?
- enjoy supporting Luther Prep’s ministry
- enjoy being introduced to Luther Prep’s ministry
5. What are the different ways a person can be a part of this event to support Luther Prep?
- Pray: Pray that the Lord would continue to bless Luther Prep with faithful called workers to serve at Luther Prep; for parents who continue to make the loving but hard sacrifice to send their children to Luther Prep; for open minded students to consider going into the public ministry; and finally to pray in thankfulness for the many students that do choose to go into the public ministry and serve as our synod’s future pastors and teachers AND for the students that choose to go into other vocations and are prepared to serve their Savior in other ways and be strong leaders in their congregations.
- Donate: Items that can be in our silent auction or live auction (more details on that below)
- Volunteer: Your time to help us set up, be a volunteer for the event throughout the evening, or for clean up afterwards
- Join us: Feel welcomed to join us as a guest, and please consider bringing another person that either knows Luther Prep, or that could be introduced to Luther Prep
- Sponsor: We have various sponsoring opportunities for individuals, families, congregations, businesses or organizations to donate financially to our ministry.
- Share: Invite others to participate in any of these ways above!
6. Where do I get more information, donate items, buy tickets, or donate cash?
7. Can a professional service be tax deductible?
- Directly connected with the services
- Expenses you had only because of the services you gave, and not personal, living, or family expenses” (IRS Publication 526)